6 Best Violins 2020
There are many spheres in which people can become accomplished, such as in academia or sport, which can automatically exclude many who do not have the necessary skill. However, those people that do want to be proficient in something may find that playing an instrument is a good choice as there are so many instruments to choose from.
Being able to play a violin is an excellent way to show a high level of skill, but a musician is only as good as their instrument, so it needs to be good quality.
By understanding what can be expected of the best violins, you can ensure that you obtain the right one for you.
Top 6 Violins Table
|1. Antonio Giuliani Etude Violin 4/4 (Full) Size||Maple/Spruce||$$$$||4.9|
|2. D Z Strad Violin Model 101 with Solid Wood 4/4 Full Size with Case||Tonewoods||$$$||4.8|
|3. Bunnel Pupil Violin Outfit 4/4 (Full) Size||Maple||$$$||4.7|
|4. Cecilio CVN-300 Solidwood Ebony Fitted Violin||Ebony||$||4.3|
|5. Cremona SV-130 4/4 Violin with Premium Strings||Maple/Ebony||$$||4.2|
|6. Cecilio 4/4 CVNAE-Black+SR Ebony Fitted Acoustic/Electric Violin||Spruce/Maple||$$||4.1|
Features of the Right Violin for You
- Size. Not all violins are the same size and one used by an adult may not be suitable for a small child, so check the size and whether it is suitable for the intended recipient.
- Instructions. If you require a violin as you are starting to learn to play, check whether the package includes any features or accessories that would assist in this regard, such as finger placement stickers or an instructional manual or DVD that will help with the process of learning.
- Bow. Check whether the bow comes as part of the package or whether one needs to be purchased separately.
- String Material. Check what the strings are made from to ensure that the bow you use with them is appropriate.
- Material. The type of wood will govern the sound that will be produced and the strength of the instrument, which makes it an important consideration. As part of this aspect, the finish can also be considered, as this plays a part in the sound produced.
- Brand. Some brands of violins are going to be more expensive than others, and this will often depend on the quality of the material and the construction and whether or not it is a well-known brand. Consider whether you are prepared to take care of an expensive violin by taking into account it needs, as well as additional costs, such as maintenance and insurance.
Top 3 Best Violins Reviews
1. Antonio Giuliani Etude Violin
The Antonio Giuliani by Kennedy Violins is a handmade violin with a body crafted from solid maple and spruce tonewoods, and a fingerboard made from ebony.
Besides being handcrafted, this violin is also hand finished with an oil-based finish that has been applied by hand to create a smooth, appealing look.
It arrives in a dedicated case in its finished state, so it does not require any assembly.
The D’Addario Prelude strings have been measured precisely to ensure a clear sound can be produced.
The bow is included and made from Brazilwood with genuine horse hair, which is hardwearing.
It also offers the security of a lifetime warranty.
Besides the case and the bow, it also comes with a shoulder rest.
The Kennedy Violins Antonio Giuliani is a great violin for those who want a quality instrument that is ready to play straight from the case.
2. D Z Strad Violin Model 101
The D Z Strad Model 101 is a full sized violin that has a traditional appearance that makes it look classically chic, which comes from the fact that it is handmade.
It is made from quality aged tonewoods with an extensive amount of skill, which produces a capable violin that is suitable for players of all levels. The wood is treated with spirit varnish to help produce a better tone.
The material and the skill of the construction creates a violin that is capable of producing smooth tones.
The precise design makes it comfortable to play and comes with a case, a bow and rosin, which is easy to apply.
The D Z Strad Model 101 is one of the best violins for violinists who want a quality sound.
3. Bunnel Pupil Violin Outfit
The Kennedy Violins Bunnel Pupil is a classic violin made from high quality spruce, maple and ebony by an expert hand. It is also treated with an oil-based satin finish, which is applied by hand.
It comes pre-strung with D’Addario Prelude strings that have a steel-core, which enables it to be played as soon as it arrives. It comes with a bow made with Brazilwood and horse hair, so it can be immediately played on removable from the case it comes in.
The case has multiple benefits, including a music pocket and straps and space for the shoulder rest and rosin.
The string height is measured accurately to ensure it is comfortable to play.
The Kennedy Violins Bunnel Pupil is an excellent violin for a beginner or an experienced violinist.