Whilst it may be a dream for many a musician to have a full sized piano in their home, this may not be practical for many people not only from the point of view of the size but also the cost.
An effective alternative can be achieved with the use of the best digital piano, which will mean that it is still possible to play songs.
By getting the best electric piano, a pianist will still be able to produce beautiful music in the same way that you would with an acoustic piano.
Top 10 Digital Pianos Tables
Why Would a Digital Piano Work for Me?
A digital piano allows for greater versatility as it not only offers the ability to create the sounds possible with a stand piano, but it also makes improves the ability to record music easier and to use it in an electronic format.
It also offers extras that would not be available with a standard piano, which can help enhance songs, such as sound effects.
The cost of a digital piano will not be as high as a standard acoustic piano, which will make it a more affordable way to be able to play songs.
A digital piano does not take up so much space and can be stored out of the way during periods when it is not being used, whereas a full sized piano will have to remain where it is placed. It will be easily portable to make it useful for those that require use of it for the purpose of playing at gigs.
There are a number of considerations that must be kept in mind when selecting a digital piano, which include:
- Number of Keys. Be aware that the number of keys that a piano has differs according to the overall size. Consider whether the number of keys will allow you to play the desired songs.
- Size. The number of keys that a piano has will correlate to the size of it, which will be a significant factor for many people as to has a bearing on the weight, set up location and portability.
- Accessories. Check what accessories are included as part of the package with the digital piano that you are considering. For example, if you only ever intend to use the digital piano in one place and you have available table-top space, then a stand may just get in the way. However, if the digital piano is needed for gigs, then a stand will prove useful. If you are learning or want to be able to learn a new song, check whether there is any music included.
- Ability. The use of electronic additions to an electric piano will make it possible to create a range of sounds that could not be done with a standard piano, such as with a synthesizer or includes sound effects. Check whether it can it be connected to a PC and the type of connection used, such as a USB port or AUX line.
- Power Source. Consider whether the piano requires a mains connection or whether it can be operated with batteries.
- Key Weight. Some digital pianos will comprise weighted keys that will mimic an acoustic piano and make it easier to play for those people who have experience in playing an acoustic piano.
- Sound. Consider what sound the digital piano is based on, for example, whether it has sampled a particular type of piano. This will help you determine the sound that you will be able to produce when playing it.
The best digital piano will allow you to consider its specifications before making a purchase, which will allow you to compare one item to another. By bearing in mind your personal circumstances, you will be able to determine which one is the best for you.
In addition to considering the physical aspects of the digital piano, it is also necessary to consider the digital ability of it. This will not only relate to the basic sound it can produce, but also the additional abilities, such as sound effects and the ability to easily record.
Once you have decided which one would be right for you, check whether any retailers have any deals so that you can get it for the best price.
Top 3 Best Digital Piano Reviews
The Yamaha DGX650WH piano is a stylish digital piano that can satisfy those with a desire to play the full-sized instrument, as it offers the requisite features, including sound and pedals.
The keyboard comprises 88 keys and the piano is designed to sound like an actual acoustic piano, which is achieved by the fact that it samples a PureCF piano. This gives the impression that you are playing a CFIIIS grand piano.
However, it offers a player more as this piano can be connected to electronic devices to enable more to be achieved.
The Yamaha DGX650WH offers enough power to provide a clear performance with the 128-note polyphony.
It can help with learning as it includes contemporary songs that will allow you to play along.
The Yamaha DGX650WH is the best digital piano for those that require a genuine alternative to a grand piano.
The Plixio Full Sized piano is the classic style that you can expect from a digital piano with it being small enough to be portable with only 61 keys.
It is a versatile digital piano that comprises two-way built-in speakers with allows for MP3s and other types of music files by connecting a device to the USB port at the back.
It has a number of features that help with the process of composing songs, including demos, tones, sound effects and 100 different rhythms that can be played along with. It also offers a range of functions, including being programmable so that you can play along and follow lesson, and also allowing you to record.
It is capable of being powered by six AA batteries or by connecting it to the mains.
The package also includes a microphone, a music stand and a one-year warranty.
The Plixio Full Sized piano is a digital piano for those seeking to learn to play as it has the features that will be beneficial.
The Yamaha DGX-660 is a stylish digital piano that would look good no matter where it is situated. It comes with a stand that enables it to be immediately set up.
It is a is a great example of an 88 key one that has a number of features that makes it ideal for a skilled or improving pianist.
The keys are weighted to mimic an acoustic piano with the low notes heavier than the high notes. The Score Display screen displays MIDI song notations with the help of a bouncing ball that makes it easy to follow and play along.
It also comprises settings within The Piano Room that allow for the acoustic sound to be enhanced at the touch of a button.
It is capable of recording up to six tracks to allow for personal compositions to be retained, and making it possible to play along with tracks you have already created.
The Yamaha DGX-660 is the perfect digital piano for those who are serious about playing the piano well.